The image and legend of the mermaid has captivated countless artists from across the globe and throughout the ages, and I am certainly no exception. In this three part series of workshops we shall indulge this somewhat fishy attraction, explore some inspiring mermaid “tales,” and create a beautiful trio of art-ifacts that look as though they have been recently rescued from the blue depths, having been tucked away under the sea by one of these beautiful, awe-inspiring, and ever mysterious creatures.
Students must bring the following tools and supplies to class:
- 16 sheets of 90# or 140# hot press watercolor paper sized to 4″ x 7.5″ Paint, stamp, collage, color, or otherwise decorate with beach/mermaid imagery
- Tin Snips
- Phillips screwdriver
- Disposable paint brush
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Propane torch w/small sized fuel canister (optional)
- Hammer and benchblock/anvil (optional)
Kit fee of $35 includes:
- Tool & supply handout
- Copper Plumber’s tape
- Machine screws, nuts, and washers
- Copper or brass wire
- 2 photo transparencies
- 2 pre-drilled beveled glass squares
- Clear Coat (time permitting)
Refund & Cancellation Policy
The early bird registration gives you a discount on the class price, if you register and pay in full by that date (see registration dates above). If you are not paid in full by the early bird date, you will forfeit any deposit paid to date.
– If the class is canceled due to low signups, instructor illness/emergency, act of God, etc., students will be issued a refund (minus any PayPal fees).
– If a student cancels before the final registration date, a full refund (minus any PayPal fees) will be issued .
– If a student cancels after the final registration date, there is no refund, but you can find a replacement or sell the seat. alwaysbcreating.com will not be responsible for finding you a replacement.
Workshop Location - CCC
Please note that this workshop is being held at the Community Creative Center on 200 Matthews Street in Fort Collins, Colorado. If you get lost on the way or need assistance the morning of the workshop, please call Tracey’s mobile 970.744.9030.