Woo! Lots of great conversation and info swirling around our meetup on Saturday, therefore, a plethora of show notes for you! Thank you to Jessica, Sonia, Nyebbi, Michelle, Chris, Kathryn and Sergi for attending and making the morning fun.
- Book: Doorways and Openings by Catherine Anderson (A great book of doorway photos you can use in your work!)
- A great idea for collage — find a place and print out an aerial photo. Kathryn had a really great shot of a city in the Middle East from Google Earth, the name of which evades me at the moment, and it looked like it had a lot of potential. Images from NASA and US Geological Survey (USGS) are copyright free, making them even more attractive for art pieces you might sell.
- Maps are fun to use, too. If you’re a AAA member, they’re free!
- Sonia will be teaching paper quilling at 9 a.m. on August 1 at the Fort Collins Creative Cards and Papercrafting meetup.
- We talked quite a bit about journaling and Jessica mentioned that she’s trying bullet journaling. Looks fun!
- Shop: Wool Hat, on Lincoln Street (near Mountain) in Fort Collins, sells upcycled and vintage furniture
- Jessica was filming her journaling using time lapse software for use on her YouTube (BrownPaperBunny) channel. Neat!
- Danny Gregory – a very inspiring artist. Start with Everyday Matters.
- We also talked about having an art supply swap at a future meeting, so be on the lookout for info about that in a future post.
And thanks to everyone who helped out by chipping in for the Meetup.com membership. You know who you are, and you’re rock stars.