Just…Wow. What a weekend. We painted and laughed and collaged and talked and journaled and and and…Did I mention how much we laughed? I, for one, am rejuvenated and want to do nothing but journal now. I love how Kelly is able to do that for me and my art (and my sanity!)
Thank you to Kelly for such a grand weekend of instruction, goodies and donuts. You are a gem (a national treasure, even) and we can’t wait to have you back again!
Below are just some of the things we talked about, followed by the photos that I took.
- Some books and magazines that are great for collage:
- Artists we should check out:
- Supplies Kelly loves:
- Princeton Select paintbrushes
- 100 lb index paper (or cardstock), purchased from Kelly Paper or Xpedx
- Coccocina glue sticks (I will be ordering a stack of these soon…watch the chat on FB for more info)
- Stencils from The Crafter’s Workshop and Stencil Girl
- Pens from JetPens.com (check out the Carbon pen)
- Dick Blick Matte Acrylic (I will be ordering this for us soon as well. Watch the FB chat for news.)
- More Kelly recommendations
- Other stuff we talked about: