As we discussed during the Kelly Kilmer weekend, a bunch of us talked about doing one big order of Dick Blick Matte Acrylics (yummy!) in order to get the bulk discount and save on shipping. I am also going to use my wholesale account at Green Apple and purchase a bunch of the Coccoina glue sticks. Well, then I remembered some of the other supplies we used and/or discussed and decided to put them on the order list. Below are the 5 things I’m ordering (4 from Blick, one from Green Apply Supply). How it’s going to work is below, too.
This may work best for the local folks, but if you want me to ship to you, that will cost extra, depending on how much you order. For those who live in the Denver area, if you want to go in on this, we will choose a day during the week and I will meet you between FtC and Thornton. We can have lunch and I’ll give you your goods. No, you don’t have to buy me lunch. 🙂
If you are coming to Art Play Date #5 on 9/17, I will have samples of either the supplies or the marks they make so that you can evaluate for yourself. If you have any of these items, and are willing to let folks try them out, please bring one or two. Thanks!
- Get me your order by noon on Sunday, 9/18. Email colors and quantities to email@example.com.
- Blick Matte Acrylics: These are the lovely paints that Kelly had us use during her workshops. She compared them to craft paints but they have more pigment than the usual craft paint. Plus, they are matte, so your pages won’t stick together. You can see the colors here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-matte-acrylics/
- Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 Pencils: These are the delicious crayons some of us learned about during Mindy Lacefield’s workshops and that some of you may have tried during Kelly’s workshops. They are watersoluble wax crayons meant for childrens’ use, but man, they are so very cool and they don’t roll away! Color list is here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/stabilo-woody-3-in-1-pencils/
- Molotow one4all Acrylic Markers: Paint pens from Kelly’s classes. There are a bunch of different brands that make acrylic paint pens, but these are refillable. Color list here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/molotow-one4all-acrylic-markers/
- Wink of Stella Brush Markers: These are those lovely glittery brush pens that Kelly had. I think some scrapbooking stores carry them, but I thought it would be nice to add them to our list because I plan to purchase them anyway for myself. I noticed the other day in my journal that my carbon pen wrote over this glitter pen, so that was a nice bonus effect I got. http://www.dickblick.com/products/zig-wink-of-stella-brush-markers/
- Tell me how many Coccoina glue sticks you will want. I am only ordering the 40g sticks. I don’t know the cost yet, but they won’t be more than $8/stick.
- You will receive a Paypal invoice sometime on 9/19. On the 19th, I will tally up all of the orders and calculate what your order total will be. I will then send you a Paypal invoice for your total (including any tax and your share of shipping). The invoice will come from eeep! firstname.lastname@example.org, so be on the lookout. If you don’t have Paypal, you can use your credit card to pay this invoice through Paypal.
- You must Paypal me by midnight on 9/21. I will order on 9/22. I will NOT order your stuff if you do not pay for it by this time.
- Watch this blog or the Facebook chat for updates, such as delivery dates, delays, etc.
THAT IS HOW WE’LL DO IT. No ifs, ands or buts. No extensions. No refunds. Happy ordering!
(Hey, and if this goes well, we might do it on a semi-regular basis. What do you think?)