If you are taking both Friday classes, please bring along a lunch or midday meal, as there aren’t many food options within quick driving distance. There will be pretty nice supply of snacks, of course! Please put any special food requests into the notes when you register or email tracey [at] sunshinefactory [dot] net.
It’s been said that “the eyes are the windows of your soul.” Your art journal is a window to your thoughts, dreams and passions.
In this four hour workshop we will be focusing on creating a unique, collaged book with a variety of different sized and appropriately placed windows. Learn how to tell your own story as you explore a myriad of collage and journaling techniques. Be prepared for lots of layering and self expression in this workshop! I loved working in this book and so will you!
- X-acto knife and cutting mat
- small selection of favorite collage ephemera
- bone folder
- cork back metal ruler
- roll of waxed paper
- roll of paper towels OR an old rag
- permanent black inkpad
- 1″ brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes)
- a few of your favorite glue sticks
- an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don’t want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
Kelly is an extremely generous instructor and also brings along a number of juicy and delicious supplies for her students to use in class. These include:
- rubber stamps
- gel medium
- a plethora of washi, paper and decorative tapes
- pens and markers
- all bookbinding supplies and everything necessary to make the journal and work on several pages
- collage ephemera
- much, much more.
Basically everything except the small supply list and the kitchen sink, making it an extremely affordable and not-to-be-missed experience!