If you are taking both Friday classes, please bring along a lunch or midday meal, as there aren’t many food options within quick driving distance. There will be pretty nice supply of snacks, of course! Please put any special food requests into the notes when you register or email tracey [at] sunshinefactory [dot] net.
I’ve revised and revisited different formats of my extremely popular Triptych Book class since I first taught it at Artfest in 2001. This has to be my most favorite version of the book.
You will create a book where the pages swing out door-like. Explore using a variety of different mediums and materials as you work your way through the pages. Learn a variety of new and unique methods in self expression as you work in your book.
This book has pushed me to think and step outside of my box. I will be pushing you in the same way in class (and you will love it!) Be prepared to step out of your comfort zone and have a heck of a good time doing so.
- small selection of favorite collage ephemera
- bone folder
- cork back metal ruler
- roll of waxed paper
- roll of paper towels OR an old rag
- permanent black inkpad
- 1″ brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes)
- a few of your favorite glue sticks
- an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don’t want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
Kelly is an extremely generous instructor and also brings along a number of juicy and delicious supplies for her students to use in class. These include:
- rubber stamps
- gel medium
- a plethora of washi, paper and decorative tapes
- pens and markers
- all bookbinding supplies and everything necessary to make the journal and work on several pages
- collage ephemera
- much, much more.
Basically everything except the small supply list and the kitchen sink, making it an extremely affordable and not-to-be-missed experience!